- 3 cups thinly sliced kirby cukes (2 medium)
- ¼ cup sliced onions
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper - to taste
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon mustard seed
- ½ cup white vinegar
- In large nonmetal bowl, combine cucumbers, onions and pepper.
- In small bowl, combine sugar, salt, celery seed, mustard seed and vinegar. Blend well.
- Pour over cucumber mixture, toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours stirring occasionally.